Your home care agency newsletter is a staple of your marketing strategy. Your clients and family members generally glance at your website and scan your newsletter for updates and interesting information. Your home care agency newsletter gives you new opportunities to tell your subscribers about new and innovative services and other important events happening at your agency.
Good content will engage your subscribers and motivate them to keep reading. Here’s a look at how to attract your readers’ attention to content that’s interesting and informative while tracking your results to improve the quality of your marketing efforts.
Is Your Home Care Newsletter Easy to Scan?
Long paragraphs are fine when your audience is reading a book. However, it doesn’t work quite as well for a newsletter. To a large degree, we can attribute this to the drastic increase in the number of people that are using mobile phones. Did you know that 46% of emails are opened using mobile devices? (Hubspot)
Short blocks of content reduce the amount of scrolling that readers have to do to read your newsletter. If they have to scroll too far, they apt to stop reading altogether. Excerpts that are concise and easy to read will keep them engaged.
Take a look at these 6 tips for creating content that’s appealing and easy to scan:
1. Limit the paragraphs in your emails to 2 or 3 sentences at the most.
2. Use bullet points or numbering to highlight lists.
3. Opt for a call-to-action button (CTA) rather than using hyperlinked text.
4. Use headlines to separate sections.
5. Review your content to make sure it’s concise. Don’t be overly wordy or use trendy jargon.
6. Arrange content to display the first paragraph or so and link to the rest of the article.
How to Write a Business Newsletter with Informative Content
Whether they’re existing clients or prospects, your readers are looking for content that’s new and relevant. Believe it or not, there’s an easy way to publish a variety of informative topics all year long. Creating an editorial calendar is the key to planning content that won’t bore your audience to tears.
An editorial calendar will help you see your newsletter topics at a glance and lay the foundation to repurpose content for other platforms. A well-planned editorial calendar created by an email marketing expert will also help you to develop new content to expand upon in the coming months.
What kinds of relevant information is interesting to your readers?
· News about the home care industry
· Profiles of your caregivers
· Upcoming events
· Awards and achievements for your agency
· Caregiver accomplishments
· Testimonials about your services
· Graphics, photos, and videos
· Special discounts or other valuable offers
When your content is always informative, your subscribers will be eager to find out what’s new at your agency.
Write a Newsletter for Senior Care That Contains Interesting Content
In addition to telling your subscribers what they need to know, it’s considered best practices to tell them things they want to know. There are always new advancements and innovations emerging in the field of senior care. Your newsletter offers an opportunity to share this information with your subscribers.
Have you been to a senior care conference recently? Why not share what you’ve learned about the latest trends in home care services with your subscribers?
Readers may be interested to learn about new trends in senior care like:
· GPS devices
· Smartphone applications to control medical devices
· Fall and wander prevention devices
· Home safety devices and equipment
· Automatic pill dispensers
· Apps to control lights, play music, or entertain users
You might also consider adding interactive polls, contests, or comment sections to keep your content interesting.
Writing Newsletters for Senior Care and Tracking Results
The only way to know that you were subscribers are reading your newsletters is to track your results. It’s easier to get data than you might think.
Let me share with you some of the ways that I do it:
· Read the comments for insight on readers’ opinions
· Evaluate poll results to get feedback on topics or controversial trends
· Track how long readers are spending on a page
· Get data on how many readers open your newsletter
· Track your newsletter’s shares on social media platforms
By tracking data on your newsletters, it helps you in two important ways:
1. Gives you feedback on the most popular topics
2. Assists you in publishing the most relevant topics
Most marketers appreciate the value that SEO and blogging bring to businesses in every industry. These same principles apply to marketing through newsletters as well.If you’re struggling with finding relevant, interesting, and informative content for your home care agency newsletters, SeniorCareClicks is ready to help! Call us at 954-401-9058 to find out how to publish the newsletter subscribers can’t wait to get.