Surely, you understand the importance of posting content regularly on your home care blog. That’s easier said than done when you know you need to post content and you’re drawing a complete blank over ideas for senior care blog content.
Read on to learn 15 engaging ideas for home care blog content to help you post a new blog today and every week.
How Important Are Home Care Blogs?
Senior blogging is one of the most effective marketing tools in the senior care industry. Why? Because it boosts your agency’s search engine results and improves your search ranking. Ultimately, a senior blog will help you attract new customers to your agency and enhance your branding. Considering these things, the time you invest in creating interesting, engaging home care blogs is definitely worthwhile.
Where to Find Marketing Blog Ideas in the Senior Care Space
If you do a quick Google search for senior care or senior living, you’re sure to find a wealth of blog articles on these topics. You’ll probably find some of your competitors among the listings. That’s an important consideration because whatever is working for them will work for you as well. Take some inspiration from the listings you find and develop your own original senior blog content using the main ideas.
15 Engaging Ideas for Senior Care Blog Content
When you’re fresh out of home care blog ideas, pick one of these 15 engaging ideas and start writing.
- Take a cue from current events. Is the media reporting a significant event or advancement in the senior care industry? It’s a perfect opportunity to capitalize on it by writing a blog that demonstrates your authority and expertise on the issue. This approach establishes your agency as a thought leader in the senior care industry.
- Share the strategies behind your success. Take a moment to consider what separates your agency from the competition. What are the strategies behind your success? What can you tell your site visitors that isn’t readily apparent? A blog that tells the story of your success may just be the story that converts a reader into a customer.
- Blog about your mission. Your mission tells people why you started your business and what you’re all about. Create a heartwarming, engaging story about why your agency’s founders decided to start a home care services business. Be sure to highlight the problems they saw within the senior care industry and the vision they had for solving them.
- Write senior blogs that describe your uniqueness. To get people’s attention you have to tell them what makes your services the best in the industry. The caregivers you employ, the people you serve, and the services you provide all offer ways to describe what makes you different from every other agency.
- Post some tutorials. As people enter the senior season of life, they encounter lots of new things they don’t know. Use tutorials to inform and enlighten your prospects about the types of services you offer, what it’s like to live in an assisted care setting, or what’s involved in getting senior care services started. Almost any question that your customers have makes great senior blogging content for a tutorial.
- Use storytelling to share client experiences. Photos and images only tell part of the story of your senior care agency. One of the best marketing blog ideas is to tell the story of one of your past or current clients. Use the problem and solution approach to explain the situation that brought them to your agency and how your caring professionals helped solve it.
- Offer a step-by-step description of how you provide services. When you create a home care blog that describes the step-by-step process of how you developed various services, it instills trust in your readers. This type of content allows them to take a vicarious walk through your services and gain the confidence they need to move forward.
- Share the creativity behind some of your best projects and programs. Did one of your caregivers come up with a great idea for a new program? Did a community need spark your interest in creating a new project that was well-received? The stories behind your programs make great material to share on home care blogs.
- Lend insight into your other administrative or business processes. The people working behind the scenes are often the steam that keeps your agency going. They’re the unsung heroes that hire special caregivers, give tours of your agency, and keep your agency financially strong. A senior blog about these special people gives your prospects an inside view of what makes your agency so special.
- Shoot a video for your senior blog. A video tells a story of its own accord, but imagine how much more empowering it can be when you accompany that video with a short caption and an engaging story that provides a little more context to your video. 87% of video marketers report getting a greater ROI when using videos on blogs (Hubspot, 2021).
- Engage your target audience with trivia. Nothing sparks someone’s attention like a little trivia. Most people tend to find random facts intriguing. As you encounter interesting statistics and facts about senior care services, be sure to share them on your senior blog.
- Answer frequently asked questions on your home care blog. If one person has a question about home care services, chances are good that other people are asking the same question. Rather than answering hundreds of emails answering the same questions, your home care blog can be a form of self-service.
- Announce an event. Are you sponsoring or participating in a community trade fair? Are you having an open house so visitors can tour your facilities? Use your senior blog to educate others about what inspired you to take part in these events.
- Post an interview with an expert. Schedule an interview with someone in the senior care industry that has informative information to share with people looking for senior care services.
- Blog using concrete examples. Hypothetical stories are great, but nothing beats a real-world example of what senior care services look like in practice.
At SeniorCareClicks, we understand how challenging it can be to come up with fresh new content week after week. Contact us today and let us take care of tackling writer’s block and develop a blogging strategy that takes creativity and engagement to the next level.
Karina has spent most of her career working in the senior care industry, mostly as a digital marketing manager for home care and nursing home facilities. With 8+ years of hands-on experience in digital marketing to her credit, Karina also worked as a consultant for senior care businesses. As someone who cares deeply for seniors and has expert skills in digital marketing, Karina founded SeniorCareClicks to fulfill her passion for her permanent career.
Karina and SeniorCareClicks have been featured in Home Health Care News, HomeCare Magazine, Forbes, The Nursing Home Podcast, and other media. Karina is “the premier expert in senior care marketing”!