Given the choice, most people would prefer to watch a video over reading a lengthy article. That’s why you should consider adding videos to your home care marketing plan.
Videos for home care agencies are an excellent way to get the attention of your target audience. A short video is a viable solution for people that are looking for preliminary information about home care services.
Why? Videos allow people to multitask. They can cook a meal, get ready for the day, or do some cleaning while a video is playing. They don’t have to stop what they’re doing to read an article.
You can use videos for various purposes to help you meet your marketing goals. Two of the primary reasons why a home care agency needs video marketing is to draw prospects and recruit caregivers.
If the thought of creating and publishing videos to promote your home care agency seems overwhelming, you just found help.
Why My Home Care Agency Needs Video Marketing
The effects of aging are a reality for all of us. For many people, there comes a time during their later years where they have to face the reality that they can’t meet their needs alone and it’s time to ask for help.
It’s an emotional time when you come to the realization that you’re losing your independence. The thought of not being able to take care of yourself drums up a lot of insecurities and it can be quite frightening. People often have trouble asking for help even when they know they need it.
Your challenge, as a digital marketer, is to advertise your home care agency services in ways that are genuine and informative, yet personal.
Videos will really give you an advantage that way. They give you a chance to deliver the proper tone, facial expression, and overall impression of your home care agency. Videos give your target audience a glimpse into the type of care they can expect if they decide to schedule services.
When crafting your messages, be sure to keep in mind the types of issues that your target audience will be looking for.
These are the things that should be on your list:
· The right types of home care services
· Kind and compassionate caregivers
· A service they can trust
· Reliable home care services
· Caregivers they enjoy spending time with
· Caregivers that make them feel comfortable
Video Marketing Data
If you still find yourself wondering why videos can help me to acquire leads, these statistics will make it pretty clear:
· Businesses report that they get 66% more qualified leads per year through video marketing.
· Videos have the potential to increase your brand awareness by up to 54%.
· 8 out of every 10 people are inclined to make a purchase after they’ve watched a video.
· 82% of the global internet traffic will come from videos by the year 2022.
· About 54% of consumers said they want to see more video content, according to studies.
· A “Think with Google” survey showed that a third of baby boomers were using YouTube to learn more about products and services.
A quality video is sure to attract families that are looking for senior care options. That means that it’s a prime opportunity for you to add videos to your home care marketing plan and start engaging your target audience.
Your Google My Business listing is a highly visible place to showcase your videos. Just look at these statistics for Google My Business:
· Google My Business has an extremely high rate of searches.
· About 33% of companies state that they receive over 1,000 views on Google Maps.
· Around 5% of listing views on Google My Business generate a click, call, or direct request, (which equates to an average conversion rate of 5%).
· Google My Business listings grew by 29% from website clicks.
· Companies state that 28% of their website sessions come from Google My Business listings.
Those numbers are strong enough that they should convince you of how important it is to start making some videos for your home care agency.
Now that you’re ready to get started with videos, you probably feel like you’re back at the drawing board with figuring out what kind of content to put into your videos. I can help you with that, too.
Video Ideas for Your Home Care Business
Once you get started making videos, you’ll probably come up with lots of ideas about what you can talk about during your videos. Your FAQs will also give you some ideas of the type of information your customers are looking for.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Promotional videos-You can’t go wrong with a few promotional videos. Use these to provide a general overview of the services you provide. Video parts of the outside and inside of your facility. Talk about your history and mission.
2. What to expect from caregivers-Some people will be looking for a new home care agency after having a bad experience with another service. This is your chance to shine! Use your video to show what separates you from other home care agencies.
3. A career in caregiving-Your current caregivers are your best advertisement for recruiting other quality caregivers. Give your caregivers the chance to showcase why they love coming to work every day.
4. The joys of being a caregiver-Caregiving is hard work. In spite of this, many caregivers love working with seniors and helping them. Videos for home care agencies give your customers a chance to see some of the more tender, sweet moments that happen between caregivers and clients.
5. Caregiving in your community-Home care agencies play a vital role in communities. Create a video or two that shows your involvement in your community.
SEO and paid advertising campaigns should make up a large part of your home care marketing plan, but you need more to be competitive.
Does this information give you the confidence to give video-making a try? If it’s not your thing or you don’t have time, Senior Care Clicks is available to create professional-looking videos for you.
Karina has spent most of her career working in the senior care industry, mostly as a digital marketing manager for home care and nursing home facilities. With 8+ years of hands-on experience in digital marketing to her credit, Karina also worked as a consultant for senior care businesses. As someone who cares deeply for seniors and has expert skills in digital marketing, Karina founded SeniorCareClicks to fulfill her passion for her permanent career.
Karina and SeniorCareClicks have been featured in Home Health Care News, HomeCare Magazine, Forbes, The Nursing Home Podcast, and other media. Karina is “the premier expert in senior care marketing”!